Our little girl is completely obsessed with play-doh. She gets the tubs out pretty much daily. Play-doh is lovely – but only for a certain amount of time. I find that when used often, it dries out very quickly and becomes unusable. Over the last few weeks I’ve been scouring the internet for recipes to make our own play dough. I’ve tried quite a few, but nothing really worked. The dough was either too liquid or way too solid. Until I came across the PERFECT one. I found this recipe on the WhatsUpMoms You Tube channel.
- 1 cup of flour
- ¼ cup of salt
- 2 packets of Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of oil
- food colouring
- zip seal freezer bags for storage
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat
- Add the dry ingredients
- Add the water
- Mix everything together until the dough has thickened
- transfer the dough to a baking sheet or tin foil
- when slightly cool, add the food colouring
We made our play dough over two weeks ago and although our little one has been playing with it almost daily it is still soft and squishy. She loves to entertain all her dollies and stuffed animals with play dough disco (yes, I had to google what that was too). Apparently this is something she plays together with her friends a lot at nursery and it gives her endless hours of fun.